Well, it's been a slow work day so I have no excuse not to write in my blog. This is the best lifestyle. Today I got up around 8:30, had a leisurely breakfast, checked up on the normal internet stuff and read a book for a little while. I hopped in the car to go to a nursing home which is 10-15 minutes drive from my house, saw two of the residents, and then headed to the gym. Now I'm at home, finishing a bowl of homemade spicy lentil soup leftover from yesterday's dinner. That being said, obviously having a slow day means less money and not all days are like today. Usually I head to the hospital to arrive at around 9:30-10ish and see 5 or 6 in-patients/out-patients and then I might need to do a nursing home visit as well. I prefer to be fairly busy, but when a more relaxing day happens once in awhile, I am trying to savour it. I'm truly not sure if I ever want to leave private practice. My next step is to get in touch with a couple of the early childhood learning centres in my neighbourhood and see if they would be interested in speech/language assessments and therapy. Then I could set aside one day a week for that, and do the hospital and nursing homes on the other days. We'll see what happens.
I'm reading the last couple of books that I need to judge for the Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year competition. I've been judging the 'upper primary' category and have really enjoyed it. Once I've finished all the books, I need to narrow the field down to my top three picks and provide reasoning in regards to my choices. Great to see that there are so many quality books out there for kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment