Wednesday, August 12, 2015

More hiking and Switzerland-ing

To continue where I left off from the last post, we had just made it up to the Faulhorn peak.  We had a brief rest at the little restaurant up at the top (there's accommodation up there as well!) before starting our trek down to Schynige Platte.

Obligatory shot with the Swiss flag at the top.

You can kind of see my orange backpack up there!

The beginning of a looooong walk from Faulhorn to Schynige Platte.

There were lots of these along the way.

Jeremy emerging out of the mist.  He's wearing a short that he was given when he worked at the Aboriginal Health Clinic in Port Lincoln.  On the back it says "QUIT SMOKING NOW". Very succinct.

In the last 6.5 years, I have touched snow twice - once at Milford Sound, NZ and once on this hike.

Sometimes the drop offs would go away and we would be walking through a lovely meadow.  Often we could hear cow bells in the distance from the cows grazing at various parts of the mountain. 

Yep, definitely a mountain!

Coming across a second restaurant/accommodation was a fun surprise.  I liked the pink tables.

Well, since we're here I suppose we could have another beer.  Just a small one though! (When we went to pay, the man didn't believe that Jeremy would have ordered the "small" size beer and was quite surprised when we showed him the small glasses...hahaha)


At this point, it kind of felt like we would never ever ever stop walking.


We made it to the train station with 15 minutes to spare! My hiking boots were amazing and I didn't have any blisters or falling off toenails, but we definitely both had sore feet!

Ah, the train to take us back to civilization :)

No comments:

Post a Comment