Monday, February 22, 2016

2016

We're lounging in the pool in the back yard and I thought it was about time that I wrote an update on here! I assume most people will have given up checking this by now, but you never know...

The last couple of months have looked a bit like this...

Pictures are in reverse chronological order.

Starting with the saddest, we lost another little friend. Sam was probably my favourite cat ever and it was stupid and senseless that he was hit by a car and died. He loved the country and he loved a wander, and we miss his cuddles and conversation. Not being great with sadness, we have adopted two little kittens. They can't replace Sammy, but they are silly kittens who love to purr, play and cuddle and they make us laugh. I think we have learned a valuable lesson bout indoor vs outdoor cats.

We have spent lots of time in the great outdoors. In Australia, it has been out and about recently in Clare and beach days on the Yorke peninsula. We have gone to movies under the stars (first pic), Shakespeare in the vines, and this past weekend took Lisa and her parents on a bike tour of the valley.

I went to Japan! It was really fascinating, awe-inspiring and tantalising! I went with my friend Claire, and we managed to cram in Tokyo/capsule hotel/robot restaurant/Alice in Wonderland restaurant/best cocktails/scenic views/shopping, Kyoto/temples/shrines/snow monkeys/imperial palace/tempura restaurant, Osaka/Osaka castle/SPAWORLD and Niseko SKIING AND SNOW into two weeks. Great fun and an excellent travel buddy.

Ronan and Adam came to visit! Adam saw his first kangaroo, and then he got to feed some. We had a whirlwind of hilarity in Melbourne, complete with hop on hop off, Ponyfish, Meat Maiden, Witches in Britches + dance party, and loooots of walking! We introduced Ro and Adam to the wonderful world of wine tasting in Clare and even stopped by a private winery party - ladidah! We spent New Years in Victor Harbor by the ocean, although we would have been better off in Goolwa or Middleton beach wise...ah well, I'll know for next time.

Jeremy is full swing into his 3/4 term of GP training. At the moment he is studying hard for big exams in July. Big expensive exams. So study is, as always, extremely important.

Fringe is in town at the moment, and I'm looking forward to checking out some fun shows.  Enjoy the pics!


















2 comments:

  1. Hi Love - Thanks for the new post.
    We like puppy boy Marlin
    Love Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still check in often on here, and was so happy to see a new update!!

    XXoo

    T

    ReplyDelete