Jeremy has had to resume studying for his practical exam which is at the end of October. Study study study. Not quite as intense as before - there is definitely some study fatigue happening. I suppose working is also a method of studying, since seeing patients and doing exams and stuff on them can consolidate learning. Random gripe: Jeremy has worked EVERY public holiday this year (and the majority of public hols are from Jan-Aug in Australia, and is also booked to work the October long weekend (aka my birthday weekend...ish) which means that he will have worked every holiday of the year. He doesn't has to work Christmas this year, but he worked it LAST year, which is the one year in SEVEN that his practice has to take the Christmas shift. Gripe gripe.
Hmmmm I thought I should update my blog but I really don't have much to say! Work fluctuates but I have my first day rehab patient in about three months, so that keeps things structured. A man at a nursing home asked me if I wanted a punch in the nose and then threw a banana across the room. It's amazing how strong people can be even when they can't get out of bed on their own!
Oh yeah, last thing - I got a new car! New to me, at least. It's the newest car I've ever owned and it's pretty and bright blue. It's a standard - I never thought I would drive in Australia, let alone a standard, but I had my clutchless standard little old Mercedes and then my standard Mazda so when it came time for car shopping I was really very okay with it! Ummm for anyone who cares about such things it's a Honda Jazz (which is the same as a Honda Fit in North America). It makes the drives back and forth between Adelaide and Clare much more enjoyable. I particularly like that the radio doesn't conk out halfway through the trip! It also has Bluetooth which I haven't really figure out how to work, but when people call me and I'm driving, I can totally be fancy now. I think the most important thing, which I may have already mentioned, is its blue-ness.
That's it for me, better get to work!
work hard, play hard! Can't wait to meet Little Blue!
ReplyDeleteT
Hahaha I'll take a punch in the nose please.
ReplyDeleteBlue-ness...Bluetooth...awesomeness...standard!