Monday, September 21, 2009

Spoke too soon - I have not thwarted the magpie. I got attacked again today and it was really scary! I could feel its wings on my face as it maniacally shrieked and flung itself onto my helmet. I probably looked hilarious, biking down the road, screaming every time it hit me...then I turned onto another road and it stopped.

Not long before I can escape the evil magpies for awhile though! Yay. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to hang out in a country where the birds aren't crazy. Except for the one legged hissing geese at certain campgrounds, but I don't plan on going near that campground again!

The weekend was fun. Friday we stopped in at an engagement party for some fellow Canadians who are getting married in November. They've been engaged for awhile, but one of their friends wanted to throw them an Aussie engagement party. These same friends invited Jeremy and I to a Canadian Thanksgiving in Brisbane, but I'll actually be in Canada for it. It's nice to know that Jeremy will be taken care of on Thanksgiving though, with a turkey and everthing!! Saturday I made myself scarce as Jeremy was inviting friends over to play Dungeons and Dragons..............they played from 3:30 pm to 1 am. I was gone from 10 am to 11 pm, but still caught the tail end. One of the guys he had over was Sandra from Speechnet's husband Chris, which I found a bit weird...oh well! They had lots of fun and are planning to do it again soon. While they were fighting orcs and things, I was off at a racetrack watching cars race. Not really my thing, but a friend called and had a free ticket and wanted some company so it seemed like a new and different thing to do! She then dropped me off in the city and I met up with Kristen for burgers and a movie. A full day indeed.

Soon!!!!!!!!

1 comment: