Monday, November 2, 2009


I've definitely been slack with this blog lately, but I've been called out by my father outlaw so I suppose it's time for a post!


Spring in Brisbane is lovely. I'd say maybe even the best time for a visit. I think Scott (aka Canadian visitor #3) is in for some great weather.

I've been living the lonely life for a week and a bit. Jeremy is out in Bundaberg living in a caravan park with Sean. They're doing a 2 week elective at the hospital there. It sounds like it's been a real learning experience - they've put canullas in, taken histories, done some physical exams, etc. It's strange to have the whole house to myself! Tuna comes and goes as he pleases and is cuddly when he wants me to feed him. Darn cat.
I had a fantastic weekend! Damian and I decided to head up to Bundaberg to see the boys and break in his new (old...but new to him) car. We packed up "Scratchy" (what the car has been christened) Friday night and made the five hour drive up the coast. It just so happened that some friends of Damo and Sean were also driving up from Brisbane to visit one of their friends who lives in Bundy and works as a journalist (A Margaret Atwood loving journalist in Bundaberg? We got along great!!). So once we got to the caravan park, we met up with the girls at a bar and proceeded to get acquainted with Bundaberg's nightlife. It really is a lovely town - very tropical and beach-y - reminded me of Port Elgin, Ontario but on a grander scale. Basically the whole weekend was spent swimming in the ocean and meeting fun people. How can you go wrong? We also had the chance to go to a real Bundaberg house party - a Halloween party nonetheless! I had resigned myself to not participating in Halloween this year but was pleasantly surprised at how into it people were! J and my costumes were very last minute bottom of the barrel cheap masks and weapons but for some reason they were quite popular. Anyhow, I suppose that's enough for now! I'll try to be better with this thing!










No comments:

Post a Comment