Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy New Year! A bit late I know. Oh well! We spent New Year's in Sydney and it was spectacular! We spent the day of NYE wandering around Sydney, having an amazing breakfast, taking the Manly ferry to Manly Beach, lounging on the beach, exploring Manly, picnicking on the ferry on the way back, heading to Milsson's Point and taking in the amazing fireworks off the Harbour Bridge. Can;t really complain!

Ronan has now headed back to Canada, which is sad. I do believe he has taken some Aussie sayings back with him ("I reckon", "I was cacking myself", "heaps", etc) so watch out, Ottawa. Hah. He really got the whole experience. One of my friends took us to her hometown - Coff's Harbour in NSW. Seriously my new favourite place in Australia. Good size but not too big, all the beaches you could want, and the BIG BANANA...where we ice skated, toboganned, and saw videos about how bananas are grown. What could be better? We also went tothe Pet Porpoise Pool and got kissed by dolphins and seals. Fantastic! I just really loved the town itself though. We stayed with a family friend of Jess' and they cooked us a true blue Aussie feast with the requisite sausages etc and pavlova for dessert. Maur said if I ever move there, I'm welcome to stay with her while looking for a place!! Hehe. Not too shabby, they have a gorgeous house with ocean views and the wall facing the ocean is made of glass. These people know how to live!

Everything has settled down here so that is probably good for studying and whatnot. I have my Intro to Speech Pathology exam tomorrow and I think it should be okay. Celebrations coincide with Jeremy/MBBS Welcome Back Keg, and then on Sunday I'm going to see pig racing!!!! Muahaha. How awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment