Finished with my first Speech Pathology exam (Anatomy doesn't count!!! Evil!!!) I felt happy leaving the exam so I'm hoping for the best. Next week we do our first observation visits. We were put into pairs and I just happen to be paired with Lisa, who is one of my good friends in the class. We're going to the Princess Alexandra Hospital and observing "acute adult" speech pathology. PA Hospital is also where Jeremy has his PBL and clinical coaching. Pretty cool.
I really don't know what to do with myself right now. I think I will go to the library...now that the testing component of this course is over, all we have to do is attend tutorials, discuss our child/adult assessments, and submit a portfolio. Then a lovely 2 week+ break until semester one starts...which is when things really start to pick up. What have I gotten myself into?
I've been looking at job postings back in Canada. Is it bad to be extremely driven by money, at least at the beginning? I just want to get these debts paid off and then enjoy work/life! Hah. So who knows, maybe we'll be back in Canada but living in Yellowknife or something (Starting SLP salary $77 000 + $3000 bonus + various other perks). I'd imagine that a doctor would make significantly more money than a speechie, so if we were able to work something like that out, it hopefully wouldn't take us ages to pay off our education! Anyone ever wanted to visit the NWT? Hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment