Getting settled back in Brisbane. I'm not very good at this "holiday" thing. If I'm on holiday, I want to be going places, seeing things, busy busy busy. Quite the opposite to Jeremy who really enjoys relaxing in front of his computer game and just taking time to do nothing. He, however, is most certainly not on holiday at the moment and it'll be awhile before he gets one again. So when he does get one, he deserves to spend as much time doing nothing as he likes!
The Fairfield Library is closed, which doesn't help - but luckily, I received a new Canadian Living in the mail today (after I had just finished the last one we got) so that should keep me busy for a little while. Things pick up a bit now...trivia tonight, breakfast with the girls tomorrow, birthday celebrations for a friend tomorrow night, UQ Sports Day on Friday...and possibly Sunny Coast this weekend, depending on how J feels with his workload. I wouldn't mind staying here or going...we'll see what happens! I've also been keeping busy with errands...mailing things, applying for flood relief grants, going grocery shopping in far away places (I am so missing the Coles that used to be right across the street!
I must say, as much as I love NZ it is nice to be back in a city that doesn't cost you a zillion dollars to use public transit. I missed my student bus card and the lovely discounts it provides me with. also the fact that I don't have to pay EVERY TIME I get on to a new bus. Transfers...they're great.
Last night Jeremy and I had a belated Valentine's day dinner at this amazing resturant called Garuva. You get your own little curtained off area, and the cushion-y benches are right on the floor. The food was delicious...everything was super tasty...the service was great...atmosphere was awesome!
Alright. That's it for now. Just want to say I'm thinking about people at home and sending lots of love.
You're awesome, I miss you! Glad you are home safe and enjoying your time with Jeremy.
ReplyDeleteLove you! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteMa