Alright, first of all - really good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7hU0e12kc
This is my friend Alastair's band. He deferred speech pathology for a year to focus on it, which is sad because he was an awesome study partner, but he really had to choose one or the other and something like this band opportunity doesn't come along very often. This is their first video. I think they're amazingly talented and I really hope they will go far. They have already gotten a ton of attention and are playing/have played numerous festivals and gigs. So cool! In case you're curious, Alastair is the guy sitting down playing the ukelele and also does some singing.
So this week was our first week back. It's odd to have an Alastair-less class. As one of only three guys in our class, he was pretty much the most vocal student. The lecturers and profs definitely knew who he was! This semester I have three classes and my research project. The one I'm most excited about is Psycholinguistics/Cognitive neuropsycholoy. I enjoy the lecturer's style of lecturing and humour, and I think the class itself would have been really useful to do before the block placement, since it discusses the underlying problems in the brain which cause the deficits. I also have Integrated Case Management, which isn't so exciting. It does, however, have a few lectures on Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) which is REALLY interesting to me so we'll see how that goes. Then finally there's another about the School Aged Child which will probably be ok. EVERY class has a group project. Yippee. Oh wait...I dislike group projects. Damn.
Jeremy seems to be going really well with his rotation. I know he's stressed about the exam, but he knows a lot and is getting good feedback on his presentations, which basically simulate the exam scenario. I would NOT want to do what he is doing! I'm stressed enough with my course!
This week was hot hot hot - despite it being the beginning of "Autumn". 33+, feels like 36, etc etc. Not a pleasant climate in which to bike to school. Now's it's raining, which means cooler...but still not pleasant to bike to school in!! The rain might be the reason that i have a very cuddly cat on my lap, which is kind of making this post difficult to write!
No comments:
Post a Comment