I got a job!! Easiest job interview ever - just walked in, started filling out some papers, was called up first and the lady said "Yeah so you have the job and I'm putting you in corporate. You don't have to serve food and you get paid more". Gotta love connections - Jeremy's friend put in a good word for me and that was that! I'll be working at the Gabba Stadium (see above)
Canoodling with these lovely lads...
Although sadly they will be in uniform...Ok, fine. I won't be doing any canoodling with the Brisbane Lions players. But I get to kind of go to every AFL game this season (I think I may have mentioned before that I LOOOOOVE AFL) and get paid for it! And work in the swanky area doing data entry for corporate bigwig's "dockets" (Aussie for 'receipts')
Speaking of Aussie speak, still having random language hiccups every so often more than two years in. For example, last Friday after class:
Nicole: What are you doing now?
Leana: I think I'm going to go shopping I need to buy a planner.
Nicole: A what?
Leana: A planner...you know?
Nicole: Um....
Leana: Ok. An agenda?
Nicole; What???
Leana: Um. Gosh. ok...a book that you write things in, like appointments and due dates and stuff?!?
Nicole: OHHHHH you mean a DIARY!
Hayley: A diary...like with a little lock in the shape of a heart?
So is there really anything more exciting than getting one of those slips telling you there's a package for you at the post office? I love it! This week, I received not one but TWO parcels, which adds to the general coolness of life. Also, mail telling you that you get random money is great as well - another highlight of the week. Win win winning at life at the moment (just like Charlie Sheen - except NOT like Charlie Sheen!)
Yay. So my mum sent me a sweet package with goodies (e.g. maple syrup, peanut brittle), a cat toy to remind me of Max (you can see why we call her the crazy cat lady), make-up (Yes! So expensive here), socks, silk autumn leaves and various other things. Then today I got ANOTHER package which contained a really cool picture book of J and my wedding (which is already 2.5 years ago...can you believe it? Really??)
Congrats on the job, and the general coolness of your life!!!
ReplyDeleteUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEE!
ReplyDelete