Add another thing to the list of Australian things I don't understand - cricket. Jeremy, on the other hand, is Brisbane's newest cricket aficionado. We both worked four 10 hour shifts in a row during the test match and he read up on it to try and figure out if the game would go for four days or five. Australia ended up winning on the 4th day, so we had a surprise day of rest!
On my stolen day, I went and made Christmas cards with Jen and Jess. We did the same thing last year, and it's just really friggin enjoyable. We go to Jen's mum's house (she has a ton of scrapbooking stuff), sit at the kitchen table, drink tea, eat snacks, listen to music, gossip and make cards. These two girls definitely will be among my lifelong friends. I left there and went to Jules house to help her study for her Motor Speech exam (did it last year, never again, muahahahahaha!!!) and then went and picked up Kim to hit up the gym. Finally, J and I headed to Milton for a double date with my friend Nicole and her fiance Ken. We had bought a daily deal for a Thai meal + tickets to a movie at Blue Room Cinebar. The food was AMAZING. The movie theatre was cool. Ro and I went there when he was in Brisbane. The theatres only seat about 30 people and the chairs are big, comfy and reclining. We didn't need to order food since we were stuffed from dinner, but you can order food and drinks and have them brought in half way through the movie or whenever you like. We saw In Time, which I wouldn't really recommend and I know J would agree. All in all, a fun filled day!
Today is cleaning/errands day. As I type, Jeremy is outside whipper-snippering (very loudly, I might add!) to make sure the yard looks presentable for our clan of Canadian visitors. Speaking of which, inside the house is my domain which means I better get off the computer and back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment