Sunday, July 7, 2013

A week with Billy T and his fam!

Well it has been a whirlwind adventure of a week, that's for sure!  Due to my amazing and flexible job, I was able to work only three days and take two days off to spend with one of my favourite families ever - Jules, Bruce and Billy!  They arrived the 29th of June and we proceeded to pack as much fun into the next week as a two year old and four adults of various ages (and maturity levels!!) could handle.

Sunday - Christmas in (almost) July.  Several friends came over and we indulged in a succulent dinner, mead, eggnog, Christmas songs and even a gift exchange.  Billy's parents really loved me when I presented him with a 'torch' (flashlight) which had several buttons that made different noises.  I think they loved me even more when it proceeded to randomly go off (twice) in the middle of the night in their bedroom...

Pictured below from left to right; Alex, Jeremy, Anna, Jane, Bruce, MJ, Claire


Monday - Canada Day dinner in North Adelaide with the South Australia Canadian Society.

 
 
Let's skip over Tuesday and go straight to Wednesday - ZOO DAY!  Like any loving 'aunt', I just had to rent Billy one of the little truck thingys that you push kids around in.  He loved it soooooo much - I think it was actually his favourite part of the zoo.  Hehe.  The animals were pretty good too.  I liked the flamingos, giraffes and monkeys the best...oh, and the lemurs and meerkats!!








Annnnd - skip to the weekend.  we did head into the Adelaide Hills during the day on Friday, but unfortunately it was very cold and rainy.  We stopped for about 2.5 secs at Mt Lofty, and then had lunch in Hahndorf.  On Saturday, Jeremy joined us for an adventure to Victor Harbor, with a stop in McLaren Vale on the way.  We had lunch at our favourite cafe/winery, Oxenberry (manwiches x 3, quiche for Bruce) and Jeremy and Bruce had a gin tasting at the Salopian Inn.  Jules and Bruce treated us all to a night in a cozy chalet in Victor Harbor, which is my new favourite place in South Australia.  It was so beautiful and charming!  We walked across the causeway (in the rain) to Granite Island, and then took the horse drawn tram back.  Billy T waved at the passers by and gave them thumbs up from the top of the tram.

 Boys tasting gin at the Salopian Inn - this was serious stuff!
 Billy and I on one of our many adventures - I was not too enamoured with this bike thing, kept bashing my leg on one of the crossbars!

 But I DID love this awesome jumping pillow, which was pretty much right behind the chalet we stayed in! 
 Not the best conditions for a walk out to Granite Island - luckily, the rain cleared!
 Fooling around on our walk around Granite Island.
 Billy T and Mummy.
 Nice blue sky, Jeremy and his little pal.
 A rainbow appeared!
 Our awesome tram ride - waves and thumbs up for all!


It was so good to see some of my favourite Brisbanites!  I used to spend a lot of time at their house in Brisbane, and it was an adjustment to not be able to do that anymore when we moved here.  We had a great week and I'm excited to see them when we're back in Brisbane in October!!


No comments:

Post a Comment