Here I am, sitting inside at my computer on a 30 degree "autumn" day. We're having a few last warm days before the chilly weather sets in. At least I'm sitting in a room with tons of windows/sliding glass doors and have the doors open so I can partially enjoy this unexpected weather! It's that time of year where you can get dressed in the morning, and by noon you realize that a sweater and pants was reasonable at 12 degrees earlier in the day, but not so reasonable at 28...
I have had a break from driving to Clare, since Jeremy was in Adelaide this weekend after competing in the master's games in Murray Bridge. I think he should enter the BIG master's games in Alice Springs in October this year which also happens to be the 30th anniversary. It would be much more exciting to watch if he actually had some competition! Hahaha. We had the chance to have dinner and catch up with some friends, but it also means I haven't seen the kittens in almost two weeks and I MISS THEM!!!!!! Jeremy is actually back in Adelaide after work tonight for an appointment tomorrow, and it's nice to have some extra time together even if it's just a small amount.
Next weekend, Jen and Chris are coming to Clare with Chris' brother Sean. J&C have lived in Adelaide since the beginning of 2015 and have taken part in a couple of Clare wine tours, but have not yet ventured out on bike. Also, they have tended to go to the same wineries to cater to visiting friends (these wineries are the ones which also incorporate beer brewing so there's a little something for everyone...hahaha). This time, we're doing the bike tour and on the list is Mad Bastard, Sevenhill (they have been to Sevenhill, but we thought we should show Sean one of the historic wineries in the area), Mocandunda and Jeanneret. After these super exciting times with us in Clare, Jen and Chris take off to South America where it sounds like they're in for an amazing trip, including Machu Picchu and the Galapagos islands. I'll be in their house at Prospect looking after my friend Sagan (their cat), and once they get back from their holidays...they pack up and move back to Brisbane. It has been the BEST having them here for this time...it's just too bad it went so quickly!
Jeremy and I have little events here and there on the weekend, but he is still super focused on his studies so I'm trying not to invite him to too many things ;) After Jen and Chris visiting, the next big thing is Clare Gourmet Weekend, which we have already booked a few tickets for. It's a great weekend in the Clare Valley with everyone showcasing delicious food and drink. Aside from these small events, I've been writing abstracts to present at various conferences, I've started to analyse some of my qualitative data, and I'm still recruiting for interviews. My advisor will be coming to Adelaide in May, so I should probably have a few things to show her. I just received an e-mail accepting my abstract for a poster presentation and 5 minute oral presentation at the Smart Strokes conference in Canberra and this morning I submitted an abstract for a round table discussion at an aphasia conference in London. Eeeeeek!! ;)
Keep the posts coming! I love them!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you, we've come a long way since the Big Z!
Miss you!!
T
Love the comments! Hehehe.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh...the big Z. Onwards and upwards! Looking forward to hearing about your studies as well :) xoxo