Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sometimes it's just the best to have a rare weekend where you don't have big plans and you can lounge around the house all day and not feel like you're taking Jeremy away from his studying! We are meeting a friend for dinner tonight and having a hike/picnic tomorrow, but those seem like manageable plans. I should have brought my book club book to Clare...whoops!

I have spent much of the day in the backyard, enjoying the mid-Autumn 25 degree sunny day. The kittens were out here with me for awhile. They are allowed out with harnesses and leashes...no running free in the outdoors for these guys! Little Minnow is the definition of a "naughty tortie" though, as well as being an escape artist. She has perfected this hopping backwards/twisting manoeuvre and can free herself from the harness and then goes on a mad dash in any random directions. Usually she does it sneakily, so I'll be reading and then look up and notice her empty harness and have to run around the years searching for her. Naughty little Min. Her brother Marlin is much better behaved and doesn't seem to be able to escape his harness. I think we might need to find Minnow a better more effective model!

I got a new (used) bike and I get to try it out this evening. We're going to ride our bikes down to Sevenhill Pub for dinner. I even scored a free helmet in the deal, which is great since I have been using a pretty crappy child's helmet for the last few years...Hahahaha. Luckily have not had it tested even with the biking wine tours we like to bring people on.

You can probably tell from this post that there isn't much going on at the moment! A few days ago I made a spontaneous decision to get rid of several inches of hair. Right choice? Who knows, but it's nice to have a change after about 9 years!


Happy weekend!!

3 comments: