After the study session was over, Jeremy felt that he couldn't waste the sunny beautiful May day and proposed a bike ride to the OTHER end of the Riesling trail...the one without the wineries! Since I have recently bought a new (used) bike, I thought this might be a fun idea. We had a leisurely 22 km ride and came across a little family of kangaroos in one of the fields beside the trail. We made it to the end, so I can now say I've done the entire Riesling trail.
What else...my advisor from Brisbane was in Adelaide for three days this past week. We got some good work done, and I brought her to a couple of favourite restaurants for lunch/dinner. I think she was sufficiently impressed! She is already talking about my post doc which is cool but frightening at the same time. I'll be heading out to Brisbane in July, so I'll get to touch base at the university and put together my poster for the Stroke conference in August. It will be my first time in Canberra, so that's kind of fun. Also we just found out that a friend from Ottawa has just gotten a job in Canberra with the government of Canada for the nex three years...so I'll know someone there!
Otherwise...Jen and Chris are still in South America, and when they come back they will move back to Brisbane. SUPER SAD FACE. It was amazing to have them here for the last year and a half though. This means I'll have to sort out my living situation very soon! I have a few options in Adelaide, just need to decide which will be the least disruptive to everyone. We'll see what happens!
hi love
ReplyDeletethank for the post
3 mths and 9 days till 1 year of retirement
love dad and mom
from Kingston
Keep the posts coming! Love hearing about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteT
Good blog! hugs from Spain
ReplyDelete