Think happy thoughts. We had Jeremy's birthday bash here last night. It was so much fun! I think it was probably Jeremy's dream birthday party...hehe. Here are a couple of reasons why...
Mmmm...cupcakes with vanilla icing and cherries on top. Wait though! Something seems different...that's not a cherry! That's not icing! And that is certainly not cake! I thought that I would make a longtime birthday wish of Jeremy's come true and make (wait for it...) MEAT CUPCAKES! Yes, the "cake" is Paula Deen's fabulous meatloaf recipe, topped with mashed potato icing and a red pickled onion as the finishing touch!
But wait! Could it be? A beautiful birthday cake...but again, on closer inspection you will see that Jen made Jeremy a MEAT CAKE! What are the odds that his birthday wish would be granted by two people on the same day?
An inside look at the meaty goodness that is Jen's meat cake.You see, Jeremy does not like sweets and for years he has been sending me links to websites with meat cakes on them I finally gave in (but put my own little twist on it by making cupcakes). When Jen and Chris arrived, I exclaimed excitedly that the cupcakes were made out of meat and Chris gave me a weird look and said "Now that's just strange. Meat?" However, less than 10 minutes later they revealed their own special surprise!! Teehee.
Other potluck goodies included chili, shepherd's pie, pasta salad, sausages, guacamole...etc. Seriously, Jeremy's fantasyland.
Tonight we're hosting Brendan and Jackie. They're here on their honeymoon...earlier in the week they were at the Whitsundays. Since Brendan used to be in med school with Jeremy (but got accepted to McMaster and is now back in Canada.........SAD) He wanted Jackie to meet all the fun friends he made while he was in Brisbane. Aw - I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment