I am officially on vacation. Jeremy is not. How unfair! UQ should know enough to line up speech and med holidays just for my sake. Sigh. The trials and tribulations of life. I am hoping to keep fairly busy over the next two weeks anyway.
Thanks to Virgin Blue messing up while Ro and I were in Cairns, we have a lovely credit with them. I have put some of it to good use as I will be jetting off to Melbourne with my friend Amelia for a few days - exciting! I know a couple of people there who will show us around and it will be good to catch up and see a really great (or so I have heard) city at the same time.
I also plan to have a quick visit with Sarah and her new baby Aisling. I do not even remember the last time I touched a baby! It has been awhile. It will be wonderful to see them :)
This evening we are headed to South Bank for a PBL get-together BBQ. I have not met the new PBL group yet. I really liked the old one! One of my best Brisbane mates is from the old PBL, Jen and I met another fantastic friend through her (Jess!) I will hope that the new one is just as cool. After PBL BBQ we are going to a pub called the RE for drinks with the speechies! It is oour first official class get-together. We bonded a lot more in this class than we did in Anatomy - anatomy was just too stressful! This last class we were divided into two groups and had tutorials and got to know people a little bit more which was quite enjoyable. Lucky that it was, since we wil;l be spending a lot of time together over the next two years!
BTW, if this writing sounds oddly stilted, it is because the keyboard somehow put itself on the french setting and now whenever I try to type an apostrophe, it comes out like this - è - and looks really funny. So I wanted to say Jeremyès PBL group, but could not because well, now you see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment