
Well, it rained all last week. I managed to break two umbrellas - although I maintain that they broke themselves as I did not do anything unusual with them. You know, I tried to use them in the regular way, opening them up and holding them above me to shield me from copious amounts of rain. The stupid metal spoke thingys just bent and broke in the wind. Note to self: No more buying really cool looking big umbrellas. One of them was actually a loan from our friend Gavin, but since he's returned to England I assume he won't be needing it anymore. I bought a new polka dot smaller-not-as-cool one last weekend at Coles and have been carrying it around in my backpack in anticipation of whipping it out when the rain starts pouring down. Alas...ever since I bought it, the rain has gone away.
We went camping Saturday night...an event called Midnight Muster. This is what a "muster" actually is:
A muster is the roundup of livestock, and is a term primarily used in Australia and New Zealand. Musters usually involve cattle, sheep or horses, but may also include goats, camels, buffalo or other animals. Mustering may be conducted for a variety of reasons including routine livestock health checks and treatments, branding, shearing, lamb marking, sale, feeding and transport or droving to another location. Mustering is a long, difficult and sometimes dangerous job, especially on the vast cattle stations of the Top End and 'The Falls' (gorge) country of the Great Dividing Range.
I had never heard that word before. However, that wasn't what happened Saturday evening. Instead, students from UQ, Bond and Griffith med schools dressed up as farmers and had BBQ and danced and stuff. Jeremy and I found these awesome animal hats (pictured above) which I think fit in even more with the theme, which was "Farmer wants a..." I believe that chicken and pig make more sense in that regard. Jeremy's pig was one-eyed all night but he found the missing eye buried deep in his bag the next day which was quite the relief!
Wow, okay, bed, aaaah!
LOL!!!!! The Farmer take....a one-eyed pig!
ReplyDelete