Well, I'm halfway through my third week of being a 'professional'. Heh. I got paid yesterday - that was the best part! Week three, I can finally say that I've finally gotten the chance to do some actual therapy with actual kids! I hope I'm developing good rapport/relationships with the schools and contact people. I kind of feel like term 1 is about tying up loose ends and making sure things run smoothly the rest of the year, while also trying to show schools that I can provide a useful service. The annoying thing is, I've had to take over these schools from other people and I don't really have time to go through and arrange the files the way I'd like...I'm also kinda working on their goals, from whatever assessments they've done, because I don't want to over assess. Near the end of term 1, I'll meet with the schools to give feedback into prioritising for term 2, and I think that is when I will feel things clicking into place and like I have a little bit of control.
We have been having some weird cat drama. As I mentioned before, our lovely friend Tuna is not around anymore. We decided we really like having a little feline pal around the house so went on the search for another cat. I found a lady who does cat rescues and went to her house. She had a little guy available, so I thanked her and left with him. One problem - he was really cute, but not de-sexed. Took him to the vet and ended up spending a few dollars getting him all fixed up. All is well and we're now besties and have become attached to the little guy. He's comfortable in our house and we've even started letting him roam around outside. He likes us and we like him. Yesterday, I had a message from the vet. When I called her back, she said: "This is extremely weird and we've never had this happen before...but the lady who you adopted the cat from got in touch with us and apparently she made a mistake. She has boarding cats and stray cats and she accidentally gave you one of the boarding cats. Now the owner is back, wants her cat, and is threatening to sue her." WHAAAAAAT?!? So obviously we can't keep this cat if it is legitimately someone else's (the vet was completely on our side - she said he's registered, microchipped, and de-sexed in my name, she knows how much money I've spent, etc) which means the situation now is that we've offered to give him back but ONLY if we're reimbursed for all vet bills and for a month of care. At the same time, he's a great cat and we're really sad about it...but it would be horrible for us not to give the cat back to his original owner. Now we're just waiting to see if the lady can come up with the money. All exchanges are through the vet, who refused to give this lady our contact info (thankfully!). Katherine, the vet, is even going to bring Salmon back to the lady's house and collect the money. Baaaargh. I don't want him to go though, and neither does Jeremy :(
Alright, 9:40 pm - better start getting ready for bed. I really need to get used to this working full time! A decent amount of sleep is definitely necessary...I miss those uni days when all I had to worry about was going to a couple of classes! Hehehehe. PhD........?? JUST KIDDING!! Well, kinda :P Need to work for a good few years to pay off my last couple of degrees...and then we'll see.........
Yeah, the start of a new job is always topsy turvy not feeling in control. Term 2 will be good!
ReplyDeleteOh No..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that's horrible about Salmon!
Love you, MD