Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Anxiety is creeping in as a new school term looms ahead, but I am going to try my very best to be positive and do an excellent job. I mean, I am on my second of three extra days off which I didn't even need to take rec leave for - it's so nice to see that lovely leave time building up!

It's been an eventful few days. We drove up to Hervey Bay and visited with Lisa at Whalecove resort. She literally lives on a resort, and the weather was perfect for lots of pool time. We went for a swim in the ocean there, which was not all that exciting, since the beach is sheltered by Fraser island and there are no waves whatsoever. It was refreshing, though, and perfect for Lisa since she is not a big fan of surf - it was kinda like an ocean-y lake! We made our big Canadian Living feast and it was absolutely fabulous and just relaxed and caught up. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Some more family made their way here a couple of days ago. Daniel (cousin) and Corina (cousin's fiancee) have moved to Melbourne to work for awhile and Joey (Daniel's brother) flew to Australia for a couple of weeks to spend time with them and see the country. They've been very busy - they flew to Sydney and then took a 5 day surf trip from Sydney to up the coast to Brisbane. I met them in the city on Monday and gave them the Brisbane tour. Jeremy impressed everyone with his cooking skills as usual, and then we went out and experienced Brisbane night life, although not many places were open on a Monday night. Tuesday, I recommended they go to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary but didn't accompany them as you can only go there so many times! That evening, we chilled out at home and watched..........................THE CASTLE!!! Yes, I subject pretty much all Canadian guests to this movie which means I've seen it pretty much 23 times. Dropped them off at the airport this morning and spent my day in the hammock out back with the highly addictive Hunger Games series...yes, I went there...

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I guess I do need to come back to see that castle movie! Lol! I remember watching kath and Kim, the entire 2 seasons when I was there.

    I saw the hunger games at the cinema. What a great movie. I am reading the girl with the dragon tattoo at the moment. I was never planning on reading it as I thought it was going to be like twilight but then I saw the movie and it was so great I had to read the books. As for twilight, I always sleep during those movies. Lol. Enjoy your 2nd term. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, you mean - the entire FOUR seasons of Kath & Kim!! You made it through all of them!! I was very impressed.

    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was an awesome movie - I want to read the books now too, and I need to see Hunger Games now that I've read them all...just too many things to read/see!!!! Saw American Reunion at the cinema yesterday...was fairly entertaining. I want to Skype you but there never seems to be a convenient time :(

    And btw- WHY would you ever watch Twilight?! Does a certain someone who is famous for horrible movie picking talents force you to watch them?? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete