Since I've been driving all the time here, I've noticed some more things Australians say that Canadians don't. They seem to love the word "prang", at least on the radio. Every traffic report, someone's always had a "prang". So I've given you a hint about what it means and it's not difficult at all, but has anyone ever used that word or heard it before? An online dictionary says:
prang (pr
ng)tr.v. pranged, prang·ing, prangs Chiefly British
1. To crash (an airplane, for example).
2. To damage by colliding with (a car, for example).
3. To bomb from the air.
So honestly, they just looooove this word. I hear it multiple times a day...WHY?? Why does it annoy me so much, anyway? Oh well.
Also, for the time, they say "It's just gone 22 minutes to 8". Random observations I've made.
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great to be a radio jockey thing? You just sit there fairly anonymously talking about the most inane topics and laughing uproariously with your co-workers. Clearly I've been spending too much time in the car. And the radio people never shut up - on my ride to work I'll hear 3 songs if I'm REALLY lucky!
We spent the weekend in Noosa hanging with Damo and his gf, Pamela. We thought there was going to be a crowd of people and we'd barely get to talk to him at all, but things really worked in our favour. His friend Lee was also there, with his gf, Carrie. Damian and Pamela had a beautiful suite right on the main beach of Noosa, so we spent lots of time there on their balcony...took a walk along the beach till we couldn't walk anymore...saw a few weddings happening...had a delicious BBQ by the beach. It was lovely! Lisa drove down from Hervey Bay and stayed for the day on Saturday, which was happy because I like Lisa! She left when it was dark and apparently her evil GPS made her go down some twisty dark random road for 20 minutes...so typical! Sometimes I know when I shouldn't listen to my GPS, but in unfamiliar areas it can definitely throw me for a loop!
No comments:
Post a Comment