Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It never ends!

I thought that after applying for jobs at the end of last year, I would be done writing selection criteria.  No such luck!  Now it's Jeremy's turn, and since he's applying in multiple states there are many applications to be done.  he's outsourced a couple of the states to me, so I'm trying my best to make him look fab on paper (which he already does, doesn't really need help from me!) 

It makes this whole thing even more real.  So does it look like we'll be staying in Australia longer than the original four years?  Yep.  If it was a simple matter of just coming back and both being able to work immediately, that would be different...but alas, there are all sorts of exams and hoops to jump through and certifications and verifications and it makes my head spin just thinking about it.  Everything ends up being a lot easier if I get a few more years in as a working speechie and Jeremy finishes his qualifications here.  Speaking of Jeremy, he's out tonight at the GP information night, so hopefully he comes back with some helpful news.

As for my job, I feel like second term has been infinitely more enjoyable than the first term.  I feel like I kind of have a handle on things, all the kids are fairly well behaved, I feel like I know more about the SLI process (never mind, way too complicated/boring to explain).  This Friday morning I get to go to a cleft palate education day at the Mater Hospital, which is where Jeremy is currently doing his paediatric rotation.  I think it will be really interesting, and helpful since I have a couple of kids with cleft palates on my caseload.  We only got a very brief overview of it in school and it will be cool to see the clinical side of things.  Not to mention, if you get into that area, you can go overseas (to Africa, etc) and do some amazing volunteer work with organizations like Operation Smile. 

This weekend looks like a quiet one, which is fine with me.  I have some library books and some nice cozy slippers to protect me from the cold!  The weekend after that is a long weekend and Lisa is coming back to Brisbane...It's our friend Nicole's wedding shower and that should be really fun!  We're planning on taking Nicole out afterwards to this trendy dumpling place called Harajuku Gyoza in Fortitude Valley - the grilled duck gyoza are to die for!  We were going to make a big night of it, but Nicole's medical issues have ensured that it will be a peaceful and early night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment