Saturday, May 5, 2012

So perfect that the weekend we are NOT at the beach and Jeremy is studying like mad it is sunny and beautiful, when last weekend we were drenched by rain every time we attempted to leave the hotel.  GRRRRRRRRR!  Oh well, I shouldn't complain about current good weather.  It is a long weekend, which makes me happy and we're not doing much which is okay.  The big event of the day (besides Skyping with the in-laws, which was enjoyable as usual) was doing the laundry and hanging it outside without worrying that it would get soaked.  YAY.  Life is so exciting and action packed!!

Tonight I am having dinner at my good friend Jules' house.  There will likely be board games involved.  I just tried to make nutella caramel brownies.  Interestingly enough, they don't have caramels here...just regular caramels...nope.  I scoured the store and found some Werthers caramel chews, so hopefully that works out. I don't bake very often, but whenever I do I am sure to find that this country is lacking in some random ingredient which seems like it should be commonplace.

Oh, I think I forgot to mention that my EQ contract has been extended till 21/12/2012.  They didn't even ask me if I wanted an extension, just sent me a letter informing me of it.  Hahahahaha...I'll take it.  Next big thing will be examining intern spots for Jeremy next year and ranking hospitals for him to apply to.  I think I've come to the conclusion that I really don't care where we go.  Preference would be for somewhere close to a beach, but I'll survive if that doesn't happen.  It's all an adventure, and I don't think leaving Brisbane will be that bad because so many of my friends have already left and all the med people will be doing their own thing too.  We can always come back and visit!  I think Jeremy mentioned that Victoria would be his #1 choice and he would also love to live in Tasmania or WA.  As long as I can get work, I'm happy to move around the country.

Anyhow, I think that I will go and read in the hammock now so as not to waste the rest of this sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment