Monday, June 18, 2012

Brrrrrrr!

I'm sitting here in the back room of the house, or "Jeremy's room" as it is otherwise known, wearing a hooded sweatshirt and pants with a space heater making it somewhat bearable.  A stark contrast to what I saw when I Skyped my parents and Ronan this morning, who were out on their new Seadoo on a sunny Canadian day playing in the water!  It just feels so topsy turvy!  Overnight temperatures are staying steady at between 6 and 8 degrees and with no heating in the house, yes, that means my house is 6-8 degrees.  Freezing!! (Well, almost).  I work in Ipswich, which is inland and it's actually going down to -1 tonight...this morning at my base school, our office was 8.6 degrees.  Aggggh!  We can't even plug in space heaters at the base because it shorts out the system in our office.  Lovely!

Looking forward to mid-year schools holidays.  I just have to finish up the rest of the week, which should be pretty breezy.  Today I had a base day and got a ton of stuff done - like 20 screening reports and one full report!  I felt very productive.  Tomorrow I go out to a high school and do two therapy sessions and a full assessment.  Wednesday is our once per term regional meeting.  Thursday I go to  one of my primary schools for the day, and Friday is another base day.  I'll be working all of the following week and then taking the second week of holidays off (it is still pretty exciting to be paid for time off, yippee!).  I have no big plans...my week will probably consist of running extremely exciting errands such as servicing the car and bringing the cat to get some vaccinations...but actually, one of the days I've made plans to go to MovieWorld on the Gold Coast with Kim and see if I can revive my childhood love of roller coasters and scary rides, so that should be fun!

Nicole's wedding is getting closer and closer, yay!  Lisa was in Brisbane yesterday because her work paid for her to go to a conference at UQ today, so she came a day early with some other coworkers who were driving down and stayed overnight.  We went to the Winter Festival downtown, which really shouldn't be called a festival...it was cool, but not really a festival scale!  It pretty much consisted of a skating rink (the biggest outdoor rink in the southern hemisphere, I'm told) and a few food stalls.  It WAS quite amusing to watch the Australians try to keep themselves upright by holding onto the edge as they gingerly inched their way around the rink, but at $29 per person for a skating session was too expensive for Lisa and I.  Instead we ended up shopping on the Queen Street Mall...and back to Nicole's wedding, both bought dresses to wear at this event.  Lisa needs to stop visiting Brisbane because I don't usually do much shopping, but for some reason her presence causes me to buy new things.  It's okay though...OBVIOUSLY I needed a new dress for Nicole's wedding, right??  I don't feel too bad though, since it was 20 bucks.  <3 sales!

Oh yeah, one last thing - we have a new cat!  Salmon is still good and now we have Mackerel as well!!  Why?  i honestly have no idea.  We like cats.  But don't worry, the cat cap is definitely two! (pics to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment