Sunday, June 3, 2012

The latest thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duolingo

A few months ago, I signed up for this website called "Duolingo" which promised to help me learn another language.  I wasn't able to access it at the time, but was informed that I would get an e-mail inviting me to join the site at some point.  I promptly forgot all about it.

Recently, I received my e-mail and have been an avid user of this site ever since.  I chose to learn Spanish and am currently on level 7.  It's kind of hard to explain how it works, but this person does a good job:

http://classical-bookworm.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/duolingo-first-impressions.html

I've invited Jeremy to the site and he is using it to learn French.  Apparently the website is not open to the public yet and according to that Wikipedia article, there is a waiting list of more than 300 000 people to join.  It is supposed to open on June 19th, but if anyone wants to check it out beforehand, let me know and I will e-mail you an invitation.  It really is cool...and kind of addictive!

I'm excited for next weekend.  We're having a BBQ on Sunday with our new Weber grill that we got from my friend Jules.  Finally, we have a BBQ! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes please. I forgot all of German that I knew and want to pick it up again. Can you facebook in box me an invite please?

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done and done! Good luck, Elma :) It's kind of addictive...or maybe I'm just weird. A couple of nights ago I was having dreams in Spanish and French...it was stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Love,
    Please I am interested in learning Spanish!!! Please send me an invitation!!!\Love you Always, Ma

    ReplyDelete