Monday, August 27, 2012

I have nothing all that interesting to post about, but I still feel like I should be updating this thing!

No one really cares if my SLI paperwork is in, obviously!  But I still ramble on about it.  If I was to post right now about what I've been doing lately, I could talk about how I just paid my car registration (SUPER COOL!) and I stayed home and took it easy yesterday because I felt like I was getting a cold (FASCINATING!!) 

I am really really ready for school holidays at the end of Sept.  Jeremy will be home then, hopefully we'll have a fun BBQ/board games night, I have my trip to Adelaide with the girls...and although I haven't been stressing out as much about work, I really just want a few days of relaxing and sleeping in.

I'm going to take an idea from my housemate Kayleigh's blog (http://thewayiwanderlust.blogspot.com.au/ for anyone who's interested in hearing about another person's travel experiences through Oz) and post 100 things which make me happy.  I will totally be a copier and even take her idea of posting 10 of these every Monday.  Aren't you excited?!

 Cats!  In particular, mine...but really most cats, except for psycho crazy evil ones.
 Euchre.  Honestly, one of the best evenings I can imagine is four people, a pack of cards, and a few 'friendly' rounds of Euchre.  I have no one to do that with here :(
 The ocean.
 Silly photo booths, especially this one in Melbourne where Crystal and I had the time of our lives.
 CANADA DAY.  My favourite day of the year.  Extra points if I am in Ottawa to celebrate.  Accessories are clearly a necessity.
 High tea.  This was my first experience, which has since been repeated several times (including almost every day on our cruise).  Tea and niceties - how can you go wrong?

 Dress up events, such as the one pictured above - Jeremy's bogan birthday bash last year. 
 Wine tours!!  Wherever, whenever!  Picture is authentically blurry...
 Board games, including QUELF, my most exciting board game discovery so far.  I've had so many laughs with all different groups of people playing this game.  It's just great.  Other favourites include Taboo, Scattergories, Partini, Balderdash, Cranium - but NOT Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit.
Bicycling!!!  I hope to recreate this picture on the weekend on my bike date in Manly-Wynnum with Leanne  Yep, we are driving half an hour to the coast and taking a leisurely bike ride, then possibly getting some fish and chips.  Anyone jealous??

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, minus the biking. Also, I couldn't help but think of Abbey when you mentioned evil cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I *may* have been thinking about her as well :P

    ReplyDelete