Sunday, August 12, 2012

I am now lying in bed after a very fun but exhausting weekend!

Daniel and Corina (cousin and cousin-to-be) have been living in Melbourne since April.  We met up in Brisbane a few months ago, and figured it would be good to see each other again before they head back to Canada in September.  I was thinking of finding a good deal on flights to Melbourne, but they decided that since they missed the Gold Coast and Byron Bay on their previous trip to this area, they wanted to come check it out.  That made my life much easier, since I can just drive to those places!!  I asked my friends Hannah and Alastair along, figuring "the more, the merrier!"  Then I ended up with these fun housemates, Kayleigh and Jason and thought they might want to come to!  So the 7 of us made our way to Byron Bay for a weekend of beach bumming...

Memorable moments (which no one will understand if they weren't there, but I want to have them written for posterity!):

- Cheeky Monkeys is the WORST bar I've ever been to!  Don't go there!
- And this bracelet got us NOTHING!!!!
- You really were just standing there...
- Hey look!  It's an alpaca!!!
- Waka waka waka waka!!
- How long is this path anyway?  BUT I CAN HEAR THE OCEAN!!!
- Let's not listen to the GPS, it's always wrong.  OMG, we're going to die out here.
- It's like just because he lifted ONE dumbbell, ONE time, he can wear a shirt that's like half the size of a regular shirt!
- Excuse me...is there a cover band playing here tonight?
- I don't know why you're being so pedantic.
- This guy ACTUALLY knows NICOLE PAQUETTE!
- The ocean took my shoe!  Crap, there goes the other one.
- Let's each have a bottle ready in case something comes out of the darkness.
- Wow.  That tide.  It's just...amazing.  JUST LOOK AT THE TIDE.  It's so powerful!
- I think I hear people.  No...those are bats.  No, it's definitely people.  Seriously..it's bats.

Ahahahaha.  So many great and hilarious moments.  We waded in the ocean, sat in a hot tub, played Quelf, made our own pizzas, walked around and looked at the shops (I GOT RAINBOW BUBBLES!!!  FOR WORK!!!!), tried unsuccessfully to find a cover band, had fish and chips on the beach, went on night time beach walks, DROVE to the lighthouse, made some delicious breakfasts in our little apartment accommodation.  All in all, a fabulous trip.  It was really good getting to spend time with Dan and Corina - definitely had some good cousin bonding! 

Jeremy has the camera in Canada, but I'll steal a couple of pictures from other people.  It would have been even more awesome if he was there!!  Just over a month till he's back!

No comments:

Post a Comment