Today I got an e-mail from Jeremy and he actually said "arvo" in it. Yes, seriously. He was not being facetious. I think this is a clear sign that we're being assimilated into Aussie culture, slang and all!
Nothing much to report on this side of the world. Waiting for word on J's internship for next year, which is kind of mega stressful. I've just told myself that there's no point stressing about it though - it won't help anything. So for now...just wait...wait...and wait. CALMLY AND PATIENTLY!
I went and visited Sean, Loulou and baby Tomas earlier in the week. They seem to be handling new parenthood pretty well! They even served me up a yummy dinner of BBQ pork, baked potato and salad...with an extra special dessert which Louise laboured over in the kitchen for hours!! :) Tomas is quite an attractive fella and Sean seemed smitten. Very cute! Hoepfully they'll jump back on the trivia bandwagon in the new couple of weeks - we are drowning without them!!
This time tomorrow evening I will have submitted my SLI verifications for Quality Assurance! That means I've basically gotten rid of them and someone higher up is looking over them to make suggestions/give advice on how to make my cases stronger. So basically I just need to wait and do what she says, and then they'll be done, done, done! I need to submit my preferences for working location next year by the end of Sept, which is a slight problem since I have no idea where I'll be. For the moment, I think I'll probably request to stay at my current base and hope that I get to stick with the schools I'm presently servicing...We can work anything else out later. Urgh. So much uncertainty!
I'm looking forward to the weekend and Jess' 28th birthday party! For a brief few weeks, we'll be the same age...until the beginning of Oct, when I get to celebrate my lovely 29th b-day....woohoo?
Better cut this short - off to trivia tonight at the Brewhouse!
No comments:
Post a Comment