Friday, February 22, 2013
Employed...I think??
I am cautiously optimistic. I had a meeting with a private practitioner today and I think we agreed to work together? Hahaha. She has been on her own for 27 years, except for employing someone else recently for a short while. That saying: "It's not what you know, it's who you know" really does seem to be true in my recent experiences. I was given her name by my ex-boss from Speechnet (they did their undergrad together) and that's how this whole thing came about. She was VERY explicit that it is not full time and there is not a ton of money involved - I would mostly be supplementing her. What does appeal to me a lot is that I would be working with adults! She does work in a rehabilitation hospital and some nursing homes in the area. Just to get in there and get some real hands on adult experience is a definite plus. It's also so valuable to put on a CV and would probably help me out a lot in the future. She knows (and expects) that I will be looking for another job to fill up the rest of the week and says that she is very flexible and I can work my days for her around the other job. She also said that if my dream job comes up in four months, she would encourage me to take it. I think basically the case is that she has been working alone for all these years, she's doing well and is known in Adelaide and gets all her referrals from word of mouth, but she would like someone taking on some things so she can go on holidays and also get a bit more business. So that's it in a nutshell. I have another interview tomorrow at a private practice on the other side of town who is offering 3 days, which would be absolutely perfect. The only problem is that when I said that to the lady who called, she became very suspicious and said I would have to choose one or the other, because there is a 'no compete' clause in the contract. Like I would try to steal business and take it to the other practice...ugh. Anyway, I'll go for the interview and see what happens. Otherwise, at least I have something to keep me occupied and I can be on my merry way looking for jobs, getting experience, making some money, and not being constantly in a panic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment