Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Edit: Didn't get the job mentioned below.  It went to someone with experience in autism and early intervention.  Oh well.  At least I won't be stuck working Saturdays.  Maybe I'll never work again!!!!!

Sadly, my reading a book a day has dropped off since we finally have real internet.  My staying up till 3 am on weekends Skyping with people has increased dramatically.  Argh.

This has been a busy week.  I had an interview on Monday with a private practice called 'Talking Matters'.  They are quite a big practice and look to be very well organized.  I have no idea if I will get the job and I'm not really sure how the interview went.  I wasn't super excited to be working every Saturday but I could cope with it for a year.  I've been very nervous/anxious since the interview, but I think I'm actually more worried about getting the job than not getting it.  It would mean uncharted waters for me - lots of early intervention, lots of autism...but anyway, I shouldn't be worrying about it when I don't even have the job.  I have another meeting on Friday with a lady who has her own practice and sees both adults and children.  She is a friend of my ex-boss from Speechnet, which is where I worked in 2009 when we first arrived here.  Sloooooowly, things are finally happening.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Jeremy has a 10 hour cover shift on Saturday, but on Friday evening we're getting together with some friends for a beach picnic.  We shifted our usual Thursday dinner to Friday and then someone suggested we head to the beach and it just seems like a brilliant idea.  It's supposed to be 34 degrees so a swim will definitely be in order!!



Sunday we are going on a wine tour (thanks Gran!).  We found a half price tour on a daily deal website and it was too good to pass up.

Now I'm off to the immigration department to submit some forms and try to get $450 for a Medicare exemption somethingorother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment