Sunday, September 8, 2013

Perfect weekend days and perfect work days

With the arrival of spring has come a spate of warm, sunny, beautiful weather.  Two weekends in a row it has been gorgeous and we have taken advantage of this, which makes me quite happy!  The perfect weekend day: sleep in, quick breakfast, bike ride to the beach, iced coffee from the server who remembers us from last weekend, drink iced coffee on the beach, bike ride home, lunch with friends, chilled out afternoon/evening reading while Jeremy plays video games.  Remember how I said we were old now?  Yeah.  A very different 'perfect weekend' description than five years ago!

I have also perfected my work day.  The ideal work day consists of seeing approximately six patients.  I often have fairly long gaps of time between appointments, and I have discovered that there is a Goodlife gym (of which I am a member) less than five minutes away from my work.  On Mondays, I typically have a two hour gap, which is an excellent time to get a workout in, then use the STEAM ROOM, and finally have a shower and get all cleaned up for work.  I could also use this time to read on the beach, since my work is also about five minutes away from the beautiful ocean front.

Yeah.  Life is good.

Some of Jeremy's pics from Melbourne/Great Ocean Rd (in no particular order):

Windy, hailing, raining, and freezing at the Twelve Apostles

Cool underground cave/garden thing in Mt Gambier. 

Found a moose with Adrian and Louise

Our view of the Twelve Apostles.  Jeremy is rather concerned that his fancy phone is going to blow out of my hand and be flung into the ocean.

Canadians with the moose

Sombreros, fishbowl margaritas, and friends!

2 comments:

  1. Sept 12 @1330 - Knee operation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume this is Dad. Mum told me about your operation and said it all went really well. xo

    ReplyDelete