Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 1st!  Happy 55th Birthday to my Mum - can't wait to see her (and everyone else) in about 7 weeks :)  I didn't come across any April Fool's jokes at work today, but the morning radio staff I was listening to on my way to work were definitely getting up to some hijinks.

For mid-Autumn, it's definitely been heating up around here lately.  The weather report says we're close to making records: Adelaide reached 36.8 degrees, 14 above average and the city's equal-third hottest April day since records began in 1887.  I'm sick of records!!  Records mean super hot, super cold, super dry, or super rainy...I like things to be nice and temperate.

Jeremy should just be finishing up his last of seven 12 hour shifts in a row.  YUCK.  Not to mention that 12 hours generally meant 13 or even 14 hours.  It's been a bit lonely - I'm not looking forward to his three months in Port Lincoln, and then his two years of random training across the state!  Now he gets to have six days off, but we're jetting off to Brisbane for Chris and Jen's wedding and Jeremy will be acting as their celebrant which has him feeling rather nervy!

Brisbane itinerary is quite packed - fly in Thurs night, stay at Chris and Jen's, meet up with Alastair, Hannah, Jules, Billy and new baby Brooke Friday afternoon for some play time in the park, dinner at Tippler's Tap with friends, meeting an EQ work friend for brekky Sat morning, check into hotel, arrive at Jen's mum's house (and the wedding venue) at 2 pm for champagne with the bride (she's not having bridesmaids but has invited the people she would have asked for a pre-wedding drink), wedding, dancing, BBQ at Jen's on Sunday, etc etc etc.  Already exhausted!

2 comments: