This morning I had the privilege of an outdoor workout in torrential rain and hail! We were meant to go for a run, but instead we stayed under an overhang and did boxing. Winter is the one thing I don't like about Adelaide. Oh, and the horrible 'safety' traffic cameras. And also the fact that my good friends live elsewhere. That sounds very negative, but everyone knows that I mostly love it here!
I started a new job this week. I will continue working with Grace but for the next three months I'll also be doing two full days a week at a public hospital. My team is called the 'RITH' (Rehab in the Home) team and basically it's exactly what it sounds like. People admitted to an in-patient rehabilitation unit can have early discharge and be supported at their homes by speech path, OT, physio, social work, nurses and doctors. This means I will be very busy! It's particularly good, since it won't be long until Jeremy is off to Port Lincoln for three months. I might as well keep myself occupied and make some money while I'm at it.
I'm excited to visit Port Lincoln. Everyone seems to think it's a beautiful place, and there are some intriguing things to do out there - for example, cage diving with great white sharks. I can't say this is something that I ever thought I would do, but I've been thinking about it and come to the conclusion that there's no reason not to. We'll see if I can drag a few people along...
This image shows where Port Lincoln is in relation to Adelaide. According to Google maps, it is approximately a 648 km drive, or 7.5 hours. It's also possible to take a two hour ferry ride from Wallaroo to Lucky Bay on the Eyre Peninsula, which takes just over 6 hours total but driving time is decreased by two hours since you're on the boat!
Eek! I looked up shark diving on Google images and it is pretty scary. We'll see what happens when the time comes!
Some more fascinating Port Lincoln facts, courtesy of Wikipedia:
Port Lincoln is a city on the lower Eyre Peninsula in the Australian state of South Australia. It is situated on the shore of Boston Bay, which opens eastward into Spencer Gulf.
It is the largest city in the West Coast region, and is located
approximately 280 km (straight line – 646 km by road) from the State's
capital city of Adelaide. The city is reputed to have the most millionaires per capita in Australia.[2] The town claims to be the 'Seafood Capital of Australia'.[3]
This evening, I'm off to Angaston (in the Barossa Valley) for a girl's night with MJ. She is currently doing a GP rotation out there, and claims that the restaurants are fabulous...not hard to believe, being in the Barossa! Since I'm sure a drop of wine or two will be consumed, I will be lodging with her in the PGPPP house for the night. Jeremy is working all weekend, but will be off all next week including the weekend. This has us wondering if we might fit a camping trip in...the only trouble is the 7 degree weather and rain!



No comments:
Post a Comment