Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Last time I posted, it was cold and rainy...I feel like I've come full circle!  Here I am on a cold and rainy night, and I actually just got back from an outdoor workout, just like in my last post.  Fancy that!

I've started my job at Modbury and I'm enjoying it.  Unfortunately with this change, my anxiety has gone up a few notches so I've been dealing with that unpleasantness, but as I settle into the role I hope it will decrease.  It's nice to have two consistent/reliable days of work per week, but still get to do the other work with Grace.  So far it has been working out alright.  I'm curious about what will happen at the end of the three month contract.  I assume they will still want a speech pathologist working with the 'Rehab in the Home' team...they might be looking for someone right now who is able to take on the role full-time.  Or maybe they will ask me to extend my time with them.  We'll have to wait and see!

Jeremy and I are ships passing in the night at the moment.  I typically start work around 8:30-9 am and come home in the afternoon.  He is on a seven day stretch of 12 hour shifts at a hospital that is a 45 minute drive from our house...we communicate by text occasionally when we can, but it's not ideal!  For some people this is the normal way of life though - would be difficult. 

Canada Day was a quiet one this year.  We went out for Peking duck with another Canadian friend - not very Canadian cuisine...oh well!  Also, a Canada Day miracle occurred with our Canada/Australia shirts which we impulsively ordered online arrived ON Canada Day!  Otherwise, I couldn't get too excited...Ottawa is really the place I like to be on my favourite day (elsewhere in Canada would probably do in a pinch).

Hope everyone in Canada is enjoying the summer!  I've been seeing some pictures that have me longing for Ontario lakes and cottages :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Australeana
    We are at Charleston Lake today. Camped at the town of Outlet. Mom made a new friend, Chom Per. I will post the video of them dancing later. It is 8:00am on Monday July 21st, we will be Sea Dooing later today - and remembering the great day we spent with you and Jeremy on Charleston Lake.

    Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete