All weddings are special and unique to the couple in various ways. Ronan and Adam's wedding was...pretty much indescribable. One day, I hope that we won't have to specify 'gay wedding' and 'coming out' won't be a thing...people will be able to be who they are without hiding a huge part of themselves. I think we are well on our way in certain parts of the world and I hope people continue to grow in acceptance and love.
So that being said, I think everyone at the wedding realized how strong Ronan and Adam's love for each other is, and how much they have been through in the last 11+ years. This made it an extremely emotional day. We went through a few runs of the rehearsal the night before the wedding, and even then I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back the tears when I saw them walking each other down the aisle. The ceremony was beautiful and I would be surprised if there was a dry eye anywhere to be seen. In all of the official photographer's photos I'm dabbing at my eyes with a kleenex (which the boys thoughtfully provided in their welcome baskets - could they be any cuter??)
This picture is actually them walking back down the aisle after the ceremony. Their ceremony included a lei exchange and you can see the leis adorning their necks. During the rehearsal, Tracee jokingly said "It would be fun to do a conga line on the way back!" and all of a sudden we were incorporating it into the wedding party's walk. Ro and Adam are high fiving everyone while we wait to get into formation for the song "I'm on top of the world HEY" (kick our right legs out on HEY, continue as such).
Absolutely gorgeous setting - the only decorations were the leis on the chairs. Nature took care of the rest!
Had to get a photo with this handsome guy. The bouquets were so lovely - beautiful assortment of colours and different flowers. We also had fresh flowers for our hair pieces. Jeremy used a bit of ingenuity and picked a flower from the property and attached it to his Hawaiian shirt (bought in Kona specifically for this occasion).
Very very very newlyweds relaxing in the pool post wedding ceremony. These guys put so much effort into making sure their day was perfect, but at the same time were so laid back and just had such awesome attitudes about the whole thing. It can't have been easy organizing accommodation, welcome festivities, welcome baskets, a wedding, a brunch, a dinner, and all sorts of holiday activities...but they just took it in their stride.
The most brilliant idea ever. My question was "How are we all getting from the property to the restaurant for dinner?" Their answer: PARTY BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like, seriously. They rented a party bus.
The party bus came complete with a smoke machine, a disco ball, and of course...a pole. You were allowed to bring as many drinks as you wanted. Our party bus was the first group to head out. There ended up being a mix up and the second load of party bus people was delayed...not to worry, they had lots of food and drinks to keep them occupied and they were quite the rowdy crew when they joined us at the restaurant!
Sounds like a great wedding!! Congrats to Ronan and Adam!!
ReplyDeleteWell hello! I didn't realize you read this! It was a perfect day :)
ReplyDelete