Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Friends!

Being in Australia with Jeremy is awesome, but life is even better when you make new friends to have fun with! Since Jeremy is napping and I'm not really doing anything productive at the moment, I just thought I'd give a little insight into some of ours mates in Brisbane!


Narelle and Kristy. I met these girls the weekend after Tracee left, which was good because I needed some giggles after saying goodbye. We got along immediately and have hilarious times whenever we see each other. They are a couple of my very favourite people - eager to show me new Australian things, prone to dance parties in living rooms, and just all around good people. They are also members of a bike gang (bicycles!!!) for girls only. The headless man in the back is Damian, Kristy's boyfriend.


The person you want to focus on here is Jen, the very blonde Aussie on the left (and only girl, so I'm sure you'd figure out who Jen was even without the description!) She's in Jeremy's class. The girl is 23, already a pharmacist, and in a few years will be a doctor as well. She came through for me on Anti-Man's day, rounding up the troops of her girl friends so we could have a night out while the boys did their own thing. She was the one who introduced us to Fortitude Valley...and what an intro it was!


On the left, we have Brian and Sarah. Sarah is Wendy and Jim's daughter (we stayed with W & J for 10 days when we arrived in Australia). They are engaged and just found out they're going to have a baby! Lovely, lovely people - they lent us camping gear for Straddie, introduced us to the $10 steak place, and were the first people in Australia that I introduced to the land of Quelf. Couldn't have had a better game to kick off Quelf's intro to Brisbane! Towards the back in the red shirt we have Felipe. Our first week, we headed out to the Gold Coast with him. He's busy studying exams at QUT right now, but we get together whenever we have the chance.
Kristen and Gavin! I met Kristen through this Canadians in Brisbane group and I'm super happy that I did. She's here working as a nanny for an Australian family but is going home in August :( She met Gavin here in Brisbane...though he's actually from England. He is really funny and always up for a get together. This picture was taken at the beach house on the Sunshine Coast - they came and visited!
Sean on the left. He hangs out with us a lot, so this probably isn't the first time I've mentioned him. He's also in Jeremy's class and they are quite similar in many ways...they like camping and beer and...beer...and...steak...oh yeah and talking about history and politics ALL THE TIME. I like Sean. We've camped at Straddie with him, gone to the Sunshine Coast, and regularly frequent the $10 steak place. Brendan is in the middle, but he's leaving (!!!!!) as he was accepted to the med program at McMaster. He'll be back here on his honeymoon...but it's not the same! He was my Winchester buddy, who went to North Dundas. Sad sad...but happy for him, since now he gets to be near his wife/fiancee/whatever!

Kristen, Leanne and I in the Crocoseum at the Australia Zoo. Crikey!

No comments:

Post a Comment