Looks like we can breathe a bit easier about the whole moving thing. I called the real estate company to settle up with our final payment, and was told that we have a new leasing agent (the third one in 5 months). When I spoke with her, she said the owner had contacted them and though he's still planning to rip the place down, he's not in such a rush any more. This means that as of July 15th, we'll no longer have a lease but be living here on a month to month basis. Basically, we agreed that we would still like to move (seeing as how he can basically just tell us we have to leave any time he feels like it) but now we won't be in a crazy rushed panic to find a place before we have to leave! Whew.
Jeremy and Leanne spent the day at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and I haven't seen them yet. I'm sure it was lots of fun. It was a lovely day to be outside walking around and cuddling koalas!
Tomorrow we're heading up to Mount Coo-tha to show Leanne the highest point in Brisbane. Then we have a dinner date at Wendy and Jim's. We haven't seen them for ages! (note to Ross & Kathy - they have some exciting news, have you heard?) It's always amusing to hang out there for awhile and Leanne will see where we stayed for our first ten days in Australia.
Sunshine Coast in two days - I'm excited!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment