Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Busy busy! The summer semester is in full swing, and as much as I hate waking up early every day, I feel much more accomplished and productive than I did last semester when our classes started at 2 pm. The same day that classes started (last Monday), I also started a free lululemon sponsored thing called "12 days of fitness". My friend Lisa is a lululemon lover. For those who don't know, lulu is a Canadian store (which I think has now been bought out by an American company) which sells yoga/fitness clothes for exorbitant prices, guaranteeing that I will never own any of their stuff. The clothes are supposed to be excellent quality, durable, long-lasting, etc...and I've also heard rumours that the pants make your butt look really good. Anyway, this store is putting on the 12 days of fitness: Every Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs for three weeks there is a different free fitness class in the store. Today will be the 6th day of fitness. We've already done ACROYOGA (yoga + ACROBATICS, so cool!!), regular yoga, yoga + pilates type thing, African dancing (awesome), and circuit training (that was last night - really intense/sweaty and a great work out...damn you, burpees!) Tonight we're doing this weird sort of dance thing called NIA and tomorrow will be Burlesque! I like it - it's free, gets me out of the house, and it's active. Lisa, Hayley, Lynn (one of the physios), Leanne (roomie) and I are doing it.

Speaking of Leanne, today was her last day as our roomie. She found a really nice place about a 5 minute walk from us - her room has a gorgeous balcony and it's a house with an inground pool. It was fun having her here and I wish we hadn't promised the room to the med student from Ottawa who's coming in January because Leanne would have stayed and we all got along very well!

18 more days till Christmas holidays! 20 more days till J and I leave for our NZ trip! Appoximately 35 more days till I start my 6 week block placement in Auckland! Jeremy's rural placement is his second rotation...so I'll be away for 6 weeks, then I come back and a month later he leaves for two months...not to mention, he wants to do his last rotation in Canada so we'll be apart for almost 6 months in 2011!! That won't be the greatest but we'll manage.

We've been extremely lucky with the weather here so far (knock on wood!!) Last year at this time, it was crazily hot and humid. It's stayed pretty steady the last couple of weeks between 25 - 28, which is bearable. Go a bit higher than that and J and I are both fairly miserable. We put our pool up yesterday - haven't tested it out yet though.

Oh well, better go change and hop on the bus for tonight's lulu class!

No comments:

Post a Comment