It's official! Jeremy and I are both HALF done. Yay, the whole thing is very exciting.
Yesterday was our only true day of being "on holiday" and I spent the day watching Gossip Girl with Lisa and then biking over to UQ to take part in an OzTrekk lunch. All of the new Canadian speech pathology students and physio students who'll be starting this year were there, as was one of the reps from OzTrekk. It was really good to meet her - she was always so helpful with any questions I had and so friendly too! The new students got to ask us a bunch of questions and we gave them a little tour of campus. I wish there had been something like that last year when we were starting. I think it's a really great idea to get current student's perspectives and I think we gave them some good advice. There was a girl there who was in a similar situation to me - her boyfriend is starting med this year and she's starting speech path...she's also from Ottawa...unfortunately out of everyone, she really rubbed me the wrong way so I don't think we'll be best friends any time soon. All the other girls were really lovely though - super friendly and chatty and looking forward to the program. If only they knew what they're in store for!! Muahahahaha!
Our temp housemate, Leanne, got a chance to talk to some of the people who will be in her program and I think she's going to move in with a couple of the girls she met. Hopefully it takes them a little while to find a place, because the extra money is quite handy!!
Today I'm going to my friend Marion's engagement party! I have to miss her wedding because I'll be in New Zealand and I'm a bit said because I was really looking forward to it. Today should be fun though. I'm not sure Jeremy is as keen on going as I am...oh well! My friend Amy is picking us up and I haven't seen her in a couple of months. The last time was at my birthday party at the end of Sept, when she revealed that she was pregnant with twins! It'll be nice to catch up with her.
Tonight is our awesome neighbour De's 50th birthday party. I also think that will be quite enjoyable. She's such a hilarious, amusing person. It's also very convenient, since it's right next door!
I guess I should start getting ready - the engagement party is semi-formal, so I must be presentable!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment