Can you believe that it's been almost two years since Jeremy and I moved to Brisbane? I can't...it's flown by. In a couple of hours, Jeremy will be officially half finished his medical degree and fully done the university/classes component. I'm very proud of him! He studies very hard and is very dedicated and I'm looking forward to hearing about his adventures during rotations. I have a little bit longer to go before I can say I'm half done - one week and one day from now will be my halfway point. Today we had our first exam (dysphagia) and I think/hope I did quite well. The big scary one is this Saturday at 8 am - Cognitive Communication. Blech. At least it will be done and over with, and then next week I have Stats/Research Methods and a video exam for cog comm.
I'm heading over to UQ in a bit to meet up with J after he finishes his exam. We're going to have a picnic with Jen and Sean before going to The Regatta, which is the official Trephine magazine launch. Trephine is the med student magazine and it's basically for the students finishing second year. It's sort of like a year book...pictures, articles, a write up about each student...so that will be fun. Tomorrow and Friday are for studying like mad!!
Our temporary roommate from Edmonton, Leanne, arrived yesterday. She'll be starting a physiotherapy degree in a couple of weeks and is staying with us (and paying...YES!) while she settles in and looks for a place. Sadly, she's not doing too well - she has a stomach bug and has been holed up in her room all morning. how stressful - I can imagine she has all these things she wants to take care of (banking, getting a phone/student card/GO card, etc) but what can you do when you're not feeling well?? I hope she recovers soon! That plane ride is brutal. At least she has a nice cozy room to sleep in and isn't in some hostel sharing with a bunch of random people. Jeremy will also be able to help her out a bit since he'll have a break from school work.
Well, wish us luck!! Next time I write, hopefully I'll officially be a half speechie! ;)
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMSSSSS!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Canada misses you!
xoxox
Thanks my dear! I need it! Miss yooooooooooou.
ReplyDeletexox