Friday, December 10, 2010

Well, Australians, I hope you've now gotten into the Christmas spirit - 32 degrees and HUMID today!!! I spent the day at the DFO with Jen and Jess, looking for my secret santa present for a girl in my class. In the end, I bought her pajama pants. Good fallback! Jeremy and I then met in the city - he was hot and miserable. We were productive though - bought an inflatable mattress and pump for our big camping trip. Honestly, we camped in Stanthorpe and I made fun of Jeremy for being "old" because he was complaining about not having a mattress. "We'll be fine," I said. "We have these camping mats." We were not fine. A mattress is good. Sleep is important, especially if we're going to be in a car together for hours at a time every day!! We came home and were lazy for a bit, then made up a picnic and biked to a spot near the river. It was a lovely spot. It's dark now and still 25 degrees...and it's only going to get worse!

So I was thinking, we've been here almost two years and what have I done?
- Sydney x 2
- Stradbroke Island
- Cairns
- Coff's Harbour
- Bundaberg
- Byron Bay x 2
- Newcastle
- Melbourne x 2
- Moreton Island
- Sunshine Coast (Noosa, etc)
- Gold Coast
- BRISBANE!

Pretty darn good, I must say.

Tomorrow Hayley is having a circus themed Christmas Party. I am going to be a tiger. I bought facepaint and will be attaching orange fabric to a black skirt and shirt to make tiger stripes. Jeremy found a clown mask (complete with hair!) for $1.50. Then, life must be once again dedicated to studying for the next week..................till.................freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment