Monday, January 10, 2011

Back to the present!

So - I've been in Auckland for a week and two days. For the last little while, I've been living with a 14 year old kid, his mom, and another boarder they have (an Irish guy - I think his name is Allan, we pretty much don't talk). It's an interesting arrangement. Great for me - one bus to Massey University, my own room, wireless internet, double bed, cat. The option to socialize should I so desire. Sometimes I randomly sit out with Dan, the 14 year old, and watch his choice of TV - ahem...South Park, Family Guy, etc. His mom and the owner of the house is Fay. I don't think she works - seems to always be around. Super nice lady but a bit...odd? She insists on driving me to the bus stop in the morning which is lovely. I'm quite happy to walk, but she won't take no for an answer. The strangest thing is that their house seems to have everything...except it's missing key items...e.g. a spatula for flipping eggs...there really isn't one. I searched the kitchen from top to bottom and then asked. Nope. Also no tupperware. Might have something to do with the fact that the only things i've seen them eat are takeaway and frozen food items. Hm.

Now. My placement at Massey University. As some of you know, it had a pretty bumpy start. Uh yeah. There were tears, it was embarrassing (only in front of one person thank goodness and not the patient, but...argh). It's gotten...well, I guess from there it could only get better. We have 3 more sessions with the patient - tomorrow, Thurs and Fri - and then I'm DONE with Massey and I can't say I'm super upset about that. Although it means I'll be moving on to what I think will be a more challenging placement - Rehab Plus. Hopefully this Massey thing will have been good prep for it. I'm really stressed and really scared. I DON'T want to fail my placement!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment