http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/brisbane-flood-alert-as-wivenhoe-threatens-to-spill-over/story-e6freon6-1225985251560
Anyone who has been keeping up on the flooding in Qld will probably have read something like this and if not...well, it's worth a read. Brisbane is not the place to be right now, so I'm lucky - unfortunately my husband, friends, neighbours and cat aren't. Our suburb (Fairfield) is on of the ones listed to experience flooding tomorrow. Jeremy went to talk to our neighbours, Annette and Mike, and they have packed up their house and are leaving. They experienced the floods of 1974 and apparently Sydney St was flooded (only the one side of the road though...maybe we'll be lucky?) They're saying these floods will be worse than the '74 floods which is not an encouraging thought. Jeremy says that if the waters start to creep up to the house, he'll go to De ands Graham's (neighbours next door, their house is on stilts). He's smart so I'm sure he'll do the right thing. I feel really helpless and worried...
No comments:
Post a Comment