Sunday, April 10, 2011

And life just keeps rolling along

This time last year, I was swamped with studying for midterms. This year, there are no midterms...but there are a bunch of assignments that may be more stressful...I'm not actually sure what is worse. Jeremy is still in Barcaldine and sounds like he's having fun and seeing random sights. This weekend he had a road trip to Long Reach with two doctors and saw the 'cowboy museum' and the qantas museum. Always with the continuing education! I had a very hectic week and a busy weekend, but it was mostly quite enjoyable. Wednesday nights I stay at my friend Kristen's place. She lives a short walk away and her husband is on rural rotation as well. I'm ok at night since the French people are here, but she is alone and has similar "alone in the house at night" issues to me. So, once a week I stay there and we eat and catch up and enjoy each other's company. This particular Wed, we decided to go to trivia with Sean, Louise and the Frenchies. Our performance was pretty dismal, but it was nice to get out and give it our best shot. Thursdays are always crazy (clinic, then class) and this one way even more so - I immediately hopped on the bus to the city after class to get groceries, came home and waited for Hayley to show up, cooked dinner together and had a girl's movie night - two movies, a 1994 classic "My Father the Hero" and a 2010 indie cute one "Flipped". Woke up Friday morning - two other girls from class were coming over to discuss a major assignment due fairly soon. Then off to class, straight from class to Garden City to meet my lovely friend Marion who QUIT SPEECHNET!!!!! Yes Yes Yes. So happy. We started working there at the same time, but she is an actual speech pathologist and was getting sooooooooo underpaid with no professional support, which is really important as a new grad. As of tomorrow, she is the owner of "Cooee Speech Pathology", a private practice on the north side of Brisbane and I'm reaaaally excited for her! Good things! Had a quick "champers" (glass of champagne, in Aussie speak) with her and then flew to Buranda Centro along the busway to meet Jen, who was coming over with Jess to have ANOTHER movie night. There were snacks, and awesome people, and talking, and even a movie thrown in there...we woke up the next day and went to Byron Bay, which will ALWAYS remind me of Crystal, no matter what. i think they might have wanted to stab me every time I said "Crystal and I....blahblahblah" because I said it so often. The weather was amazing, sky was blue, water was clear and perfect, waves were amazing, people were fantastic, food was delicious, cocktails were fabulous...a perfect girl's weekend. Oh yeah, I also did 4 hous worth of work in the backseat of Jen's car, which made me feel a lot less guilty. Sorry for boring mememe post.

No comments:

Post a Comment