So here I am in Barcaldine, sitting in Jeremy's "suite" while he cooks dinner on the hot plate. It's not a bad set up. He even has a full sized fridge and two beds. It's also conveniently across the street from the hospital/medical centre.
So far, I've gambled on horse and dog races and played three games of darts. The first two games were with a 12 year old kid who just happened to be hanging out in the pub. I won the first time, he won the second, and then his mom pulled up in front of the bar to tell him it was time to leave. He hopped on a scooter that was hidden behind the door and was off. Really nice kid. The third game was against a random guy who just happened to be sitting at the bar. Jeremy solicited him to play darts with me because for some reason, Jeremy absolutely refuses to play. This guy was no stranger to the land of dart playing!! I actually played a really good game but he definitely wiped the floor with me.
I like this place. Everyone is really friendly. Jeremy seems to pretty much know everyone in the entire town.
No comments:
Post a Comment