Thursday, August 4, 2011

Poor blog. I'm sorry I abandoned you. I just read my last entry and can now officially say I'm 83% speechie - just two classes, four group projects, one giant exam and a couple of smaller ones, one clinic and a research project until I'm finished!

I was laying (lying? that's one I'm never too sure of) low for awhile so that I could surprise my mum with my arrival in Canada and I think it worked, judging by her shrieky reaction! That trip was a breath of fresh air. I'm not sure I could have coped without it. It was so amazing to see my wonderful family and amazing friends after such a long time. Ro and I had a fantastic time in LA as well, complete with random celebrity encounter. So cool!

Jeremy seems to be much lessed stressed. I guess his mental health rotation is benefitting his own personal mental health. Hah. I'm hilarious! He's probably a lot happier to be doing something he's interested in, and the later hours can't hurt either. He started the year with all the more difficult rotations (gen med - super hard and mean drs, rural - enjoyed it but away from home for 2 months in the middle of nowhere, surgery - super early and didn't eally care about it) and now gets to end on the two best ones - GP and mental health. So...yay.

This weekend I am doing something that for some reason, I see as quintessentially Aussie (it might be more British???) I'm going for high tea for a friend's 30th birthday. We are having "tea and niceties" at Mt Tambourine. It should be lovely and very...dignified?

No comments:

Post a Comment