A graduation date, that is. December 9th @ 11 am is when I will officially be a Speech Pathologist (well, I need to pass all the classes & clinic first, but let's just pretend that's definitely going to happen). This date is very good news, since my parents are arriving December 7th @ 7:30 pm and it would be quite sad if they were to miss my graduation. Sad for me at least - they're probably not very excited about sitting through hours of boring speeches and people they don't know walking across a stage. The time is also perfect for a family lunch followed by evening shenanigans with fellow grads!!
Because of Ekka, this week has been really weird. I had my 12 hour day out in Ipswich on Mon, skipped class Tues to go to a Community Education project meeting with our mentor, had Wednesday off, Thursday off, and then one class tomorrow. Relaxing week! I should have been doing useful things...like working on one of the million projects...but...yeah, I didn't. I'm not sure how I'm getting through this course but I seem to be managing!! Tomorrow night is the Speech Pathology ball, but I'm not going. I'm sure it will be fun, but I just don 't see the point of paying $110 ($220 if J was to come) to sit around with people I attend class with all week. Not to mention, it's Speech Path so everyone will be going all out with the dresses, shoes, make-up & fancy hair...$$$$$$$$$$$$$!! I was thinking of going to the after party, but seeing as how I have to work Sat morning at the Gold Coast it just doesn't seem like the most logical option. Often, I am illogical but in this case I might have to make a smart decision. Instead, I will do dinner and a movie at home with my friend Nicole, who is also not going. There will be a lot of dinners/celebrations/etc at the end of the year and I'm quite happy to go to those, so I don't feel like I'm really missing out on anything.
And really...Gold Coast anniversary weekend - that's more than enough extravagance for me!
Hi Lana, I think you should wear flip flops to your Grad! Get them talking. Now I'll be looking at all the shoes!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Ma