Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feeling rejuvenated after a fantastic mini-holiday in Sydney this past weekend. I finally got to meet the Deans - I can see why the Nichols have stayed friends with them for decades! Maureen greeted us at the Waverton train station and we walked back to her apartment, which just happens to overlook the Sydney harbour/city. She was so welcoming and friendly and fabulous! I hear she is known for her party throwing abilities and we didn't miss out - she pretty much invited the whole lane from Lindfield for a BBQ that evening. There was Jeremy Dean and his wife (Lizzie), Jessica Dean and her daughter Ella, a guy named Michael and his parents (his dad is the Aussie publisher for Margaret Atwood, JK Rowling, Jodi Picoult, etc etc etc), there was another Jeremy who couldn't make it, but his mother was there (Christine) and a bunch of other people I don't remember. Lizzie and Jeremy Dean were so awesome - Saturday morning we were up bright and early and went for breakfast. Jeremy was planning on taking Jeremy kayaking while I went for a walk with Liz, but Jeremy ended up requesting a trip to Palm Beach, a place he remembered from his childhood. We walked up to the lighthouse, came back down, had a picnic and went for a swim at Whaley Beach. The water was PERFECT. Brought back some memories for J. It was really just a spectacular day. We topped it off with Jessica's husband's 40th b-day party, where Jeremy was engaged in an animated discussion about meat. Sunday, we left for Manly and it worked out perfectly - Jeremy Dean was going to do an ocean swim from Shelly Beach to Manly Beach and back, so Jeremy Nichol joined him and just casually ocean swam it up. Going for breakfast now, pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment