Friday, March 16, 2012




Despite small or large hardships, I should really just try to be happy with everything I have. An awesome husband, a decent place to live, a good job in a field that I've been interested in for years, a (kind of) functional car, great people in my life in a variety of countries. Really sad news came my way this week from the land of the internet. At first I thought it was some sort of joke, but clearly it's not. A guy I went to school with (a couple of years older than me, didn't know him well, but knew each other by sight) was found dead in his apartment. No one seems to know anything else, but I believe it was of natural causes. Despite not knowing him very well, we did walk those same high school hallways for years. I think that going to such a small high school way out in the country meant that people bonded a lot more. He was a popular and well-liked guy, but also seemed like a nice, friendly and accepting person. He was 30 years old...and that's just it. I imagine the funeral tomorrow will be packed and people are speculating that there won't be room for everyone. I guess that's a sign of a life well lived.

2 comments:

  1. Hey leana! Sad to hear that news! It's sad when someone good dies when there are so many bad people in the world living. Glad you are grateful for what you've got! Some people with much less are so grateful for what they have. You have a fantastic life and mine is def better for having u for my sister. Love you heaps! Miss you heaps! Give Jer a big hug for me! Love ya! I'm having a great time in Florida! Saw a gator today! In the wild too! Can't wait to Skype u and tell u all about the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing brother, Ronando! I miss Skyping with you while you're out holidaying, but am excited to hear all about your trip. We can compare cruise stories. Stay away from those gators!! Xo

    ReplyDelete